Titleist Pro V1x Golf Balls (2023)
The 2023 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x - the next generation of the most trusted golf balls in the game - set another standard for tee-to-green performance and consistency through advanced core technologies validated by the best players in the world.
Available in golf shops beginning Jan. 25, new Pro V1 and Pro V1x are engineered with high-gradient core designs that deliver lower long game spin for increased distance and a more consistent flight – helping golfers hit the ball longer and straighter while maintaining the Drop-and-Stop greenside control that Pro V1 and Pro V1x players rely on to play their best.
2023 Pro V1 and Pro V1x Technology
The most advanced iterations of the Pro V1 and Pro V1x yet, both golf balls feature significant innovations to improve on-course performance, including:
- New High Gradient Core Design: An all-new, reimagined core in the new Pro V1 and the dual core Pro V1x are built to be firmer on the outside and progressively softer on the inside, which promotes fast speeds and low long game spin. The new cores take inspiration from popular CPOs (Custom Performance Options) - Pro V1 Left Dot and Pro V1x Left Dash - both of which feature high gradient cores and are the choice of several players on professional tours.
- New Dual-Core Dimension: There has been a change in the 2023 Pro V1x dual core design, with the inner core increasing center volume by 44%, from 1” to 1.13” in size. This works in concert with the high gradient, as the larger and softer center helps to drive down long game spin and increase stability through the air.
- Speed Amplifying High-Flex Casing Layer: Casing layers on both the Pro V1 and Pro V1x interact with the high gradient cores to further neutralize excess spin while combining with the soft cast urethane cover to provide unparalleled greenside spin and control.
- Cast Thermoset Urethane Cover: The urethane covers on the Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls utilize a proprietary thermoset process. Two separate components are mixed, and the liquid urethane is cast into Titleist-manufactured cavities which form the appropriate dimple pattern into the cover. The precise timing of the curing process and temperature are integral to the consistency of the urethane and the performance the golfer experiences on the course.
- Spherically-tiled Tetrahedral Dimple Designs: With a 388-dimple design on the Pro V1 and a 348-dimple design on Pro V1x, both golf balls have optimized aerodynamics to fly consistent and far. The Pro V1x’s dimple pattern allows the ball to launch and fly in a slightly higher window than the Pro V1.